International Competition on Colors of Chemistry
Theme of the Month June: Atmosphere
Colors of Chemistry & Cover Page Photo Contest
The cover pages of every issue of the journal Chemical Science Review and Letters highlight remarkable research work published in the journal from around the world. From this year onward, we want to see your great photos featuring in the Cover Page of the journal! Whether you’re on vacation, relaxing at home, or at work in the lab, snap a photo that fits our chemistry-related theme and enter it in our monthly Colors of Chemistry Photo Contest. Monthly results and quarterly results will be announced. Photos will be selected for both monthly toppers and quarterly cover pages.
The Colors of Chemistry & Cover Page Photo Contest is fully sponsored by Chemical Science Review and Letters
By entering the Contest, you agree to comply with and be bound by the following official Contest rules (the “Rules”). Please review the Rules carefully.
The Contest is open to all graduates irrespective of their domain.
HOW TO ENTER
To enter, you must first sign up in www.chesci.com. Then, submit the photo with brief description for about 100 words under ‘Colors of Chemistry’. Use the upload form on to upload your original, unpublished, and unedited photograph. Subject to the “General Rules” below, upload any photograph that you feel best fits our monthly chemistry-related theme. Photographs must be submitted in JPEG (.jpg), PNG (.png), format, and the file must be no larger than 5 MB.
Photograph entries may be submitted for any of the 12 monthly themes. You may enter photographs for up to 12 themes, but only one entry per theme is permitted. Entries for each theme can be submitted from 25th of previous month to 15th of the month of competition. (e.g. if you want to submit your photo on the June month theme of Atmosphere, then submissions for this theme is accepted from 25.05.2021 to 15.06.2021. And people can click on ‘Like’ & ‘Share’ of the Original Post from the journal’s Facebook page from 25.05.2021 – 30.06.2021).
HOW TO WIN
All appropriate photographs and descriptions will be posted in the Facebook page of the journal. The journal reserves the right not to post any entry deemed inappropriate for the intent and purpose of the Contest.
One (1) monthly winner will be chosen based on the number of likes/votes received in Facebook page of the journal. The photograph receiving the most likes at the end of every month for the applicable month will win. In the event of a tie, the Editorial Board will select the winning entry according to the judging criteria.
One (1) quarterly winner for featuring in the cover page will be chosen at the end of each quarter based on the number of likes received and the decision of Editorial Board.
One (1) grand prize winner will be chosen at the conclusion of the Contest based on the number of votes received. The photograph receiving the most votes across all 12 months will win. In the event of a tie, the Editorial Board will select the winning entry according to the judging criteria.
The winning photographs may feature in the Cover Page of the journal.
Each monthly winner will receive a digital certificate of award and a gift coupon worth of US$10/-. One grand prize winner will receive a gift coupon worth of US$50/-. One quarterly winner will receive a digital certificate of award and a gift coupon worth of US$20/- which can be redeemed for purchasing the books or for publication or for attending conference by Chemical Science Review and Letters.
- Upon submission of photos, the participants accept the terms and conditions and rules of the journal.
- No purchase necessary to enter contest.
- The decision of Editorial Board/journal is final. No refutable or suit is applicable.
- Each entrant may be declared a monthly winner no more than twice during the year of the Contest. In the event an entrant is declared the monthly winner based upon the number of votes received, but the entrant has already won two prior months of the Contest, the entrant with the second most votes at the end of the voting phase for the applicable month will be declared that month’s winner.
- Each entrant may submit no more than one photograph per theme.
- Entries must have been taken by the entrant submitting the photograph.
- Entrants must own the full copyright to any photograph they enter in the Contest.
- Entries that (i) violate or infringe upon another person’s rights, including copyright, or (ii) feature the intellectual property of others (e.g., a sign containing a registered trademark) are not eligible.
- Entries in which a person is recognizable will not be accepted. We wont be able to validate that the subject in the photograph has signed a valid Model’s Release and authorized distribution of the photograph in which he or she appears. Hence the entrant is responsible for any copyright infringement
- By entering, the winners may be asked to provide their original unedited photograph. Failing to do so may result in disqualification.
- Individuals may vote no more than one time.
- Automated voting of any kind is not allowed. Detection of said automated voting will lead to votes being voided.
- CSRL may end the Contest at any time. The Contest Rules may change from time to time; therefore, entrants should read the rules before every submission. By your submission, you are acknowledging acceptance of, and compliance with, the rules at the time of your submission.
An entry into the contest is disqualified if,
- The entrants submit morphed/photographed/enhanced photos
- Photos with copyright problem
- Combination of photos
Photos of others (Entrants must be the owners of the photos)